The Company was incorporated on 21st March, 1983, as Pleasant Hotels Limited under the Companies Act, 1956. Effective 25th October, 1989, the name of the Company was changed to Oberoi Associated Hotels Limited. Pursuant to further change of name of the Company to EIH Associated Hotels Limited, a fresh certificate of incorporation was issued on 1st November, 1996 with Corporate Identification Number L92490TN1983PLC009903. The registered office of the Company is at 1/24, G.S.T. Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai - 600 027.
During the financial year 2012-13, Island Hotel Maharaj Limited ("IHML"), the wholly-owned subsidiary of the EAHL was amalgamated with the latter pursuant to a Scheme of Amalgamation approved by the Hon'ble High Court at Madras on 6th February, 2013. The amalgamation was effective from 1st April, 2011 ("Appointed Date").
The group of companies affiliated through the common ownership interests of EIH Associated Hotels Limited, Chairman Mr. Prithviraj Singh Oberoi, his family and some of their affiliates, is referred to as The Oberoi Group.